Joyce lives with her husband, Lonnie, and their six children, A.J., Daniel,
Desiree, Jon, Jaycie, and Genny, on the family's 2200-acre working cattle ranch
(where she also grew up) in Western Nebraska. Living with them is their Blue
Heeler, Bandit, and a hand full of loving "barn cats". Joyce enjoys working in
the yard, completing new landscaping projects around their home, gardening,
canning produce, and making wine from their own grape vineyard, raspberries,
rhubarb, choke cherries, and apples. She also enjoys camping, fishing, hiking,
horseback riding, and snow skiing with her family. Joyce and her husband also
run a small bed and breakfast and specialized hunting on the ranch. Her faith
and her family are the foundations of her world.
- Western Nebraska Community College, 1985, A.A. (Practical Nursing)
- Chadron State College, 1989, B.A. (Health Sciences & Human Ecology)
- Child abuse and neglect
- Protection and Safety field training
- Protection and Safety case management
- Protection and Safety Supervisor skill development
- P.R.I.D.E Master Trainer
- State of Nebraska, Licensed Practical Nurse (Inactive status)
- Adoption Home Study & Spaulding Adoption Trainer Private Contractor, Nebraska Health and Human Services
- American Missionary Fellowship Member and Curly Sunday School Host Home
- Victory Heights Bible Camp Board Associate and Volunteer
- Training responsibilities relating to the contract the Center has with the Nebraska Health and Human Services System (HHSS) to provide training to all child welfare staff in the Western Service area of Nebraska, including case management classroom and individualized pre-service training, and coordination of field training for PSW trainees.
- Training responsibilities relating to P.R.I.D.E. Training of the trainer.