Faculty and Staff: Michelle Paxton
When Michelle isn't working, she is chasing three giggly girls, one fuzzy dog, two sweet cats, and one guitar playing husband. She can also be found running with her girlfriends all over town before the rest of the city is up.
- B.A., Hastings College, English, Spanish and Psychology (1999)
- J.D., University of Nebraska-Lincoln, College of Law (2002)
Areas of Interest
- Juvenile and Family Law
- Legal advocacy for children and Guardian ad litem representation
- Child protection policy
- Judicial education on child welfare issues
- Domestic violence
- Foster Care
- Child Guidance Center, Board of Directors
- Nebraska State Bar Association, Member
- Child Welfare and Juvenile Justice Training: As the Director of Legal Training, Michelle conducts training for all new Child and Family Service Specialists about juvenile court process and practice in Nebraska. The training includes education about the process of child protection, status offense, and juvenile justice cases, as well as training on testifying and being cross examined.