Angela enjoys camping, kayaking, grilling, and being a crazy cat lady.
- Concordia University, BA (Human Psychology and Behavioral Science)
- Nebraska Wesleyan University, MFS (Forensic Science with Behavioral Emphasis)
- University of Nebraska-Omaha, MSW (Social Work)
- Child abuse and neglect—effects on children and families
- Child welfare systemic change
- Community education regarding child abuse and neglect
- Permanency for children currently in the foster care system
- Native American rights
- Domestic violence and sexual assault—effects on children and families
Member: Safe and Healthy Families Initiative; Safe and Healthy Families Court Subcommittee; Lancaster County Family Violence Council Board
Past Professional Activities & Community Service:
- Adjunct Professor: University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Social Work and Social Welfare; Board Member: Neighborworks, Inc. in Lincoln, Nebraska; Member/Participant: Lincoln/Lancaster County Coalition for Drug Endangered Children (Coalition in process of being accepted under the Nebraska DEC) K19; Member: Nebraska Domestic Violence Fatality Review Team; Member: Nebraska Human Trafficking Taskforce; Certified Instructor: Mental Health First Aid USA
- Children’s Justice Clinic & Children’s Justice Attorney Education
- Midwest Child Welfare Implementation Center
- Training for the Department of Health and Human Services, Division of Children and Family Services (DCFS), Protection and Safety Workforce
- Trauma Capable Schools
- Safe and Healthy Families Initiative
- Gebhardt, A.R. & Woody, J. D. (2012). American Indian women and sexual assault: Challenges and new opportunities. Affilia, 27(3), 237–248. doi: 10.1177/0886109912452642.
- Porter, L.L., Park Zink, P., Gebhardt, A. R., Ells, M. & Graef, M. I. (2012). Best outcomes for Indian children. Child Welfare, 91(3), 135-156.