Eve is married to her college sweetheart, Adam, and they have one daughter. She enjoys running, sewing, home-improvement projects, and shopping.
- B.S., Jacksonville University, Jacksonville, Florida 1996
- M.A., University of Nebraska, Lincoln 1999
- J.D., University of Nebraska, Lincoln, 2000
- Ph.D., University of Nebraska, Lincoln, 2001
Areas of Interest:
- Legal interventions and interference in personal and family decision making.
Professional Activities & Community Service:
- President, American Psychology-Law Society, Division 41 of the American Psychological Association 2017-2018
- Co-editor, Court Review. For the American Judges Association
- Co-director, Peer Review of Teaching Project, University of Nebraska
- Member, Nebraska Supreme Court Commission on Guardianship and Conservators
- Faculty Advisor, Scientific Resources for the Law (SRL)
Projects Involved in at CCFL:
- QIC-AG, Intercountry and Private Adoption Evaluation
- Training for the Department of Health and Human Services, Division of Children and Family Services (DCFS), Protection and Safety Workforce
Presentations & Publications:
- Brank, E.M., & Groscup, J.L. (2018) Psychology and the Fourth Amendment. In Monica Miller and Brian Bornstein, Ed. Advances in Psychology and Law, Volume 3.
- Wylie, L.E., *Hazen, K.P., *Hoetger, L.A., *Haby, J.A., & Brank, E.M. (2018, online preprint). Four decades of Law and Human Behavior: A content analysis. Scientometrics
- *Hamm, J.A., *Wylie, L.E., & Brank, E. M. (2018). Measuring Older Adult Confidence in the Courts and Law Enforcement. Criminal Justice Policy Review, 29 (3), 301-316. doi.org/10.1177/0887403415623034
- Wellman, A. R., *Hazen, K.A. & Brank, E.M. (2017). Parental blame frame: An empirical examination of the media’s portrayal of parents and their delinquent juveniles. The Whittier Law Journal of Child and Family Advocacy, 16(1), 87-130.
- *Andersen, J.A., Wylie, L.E., & Brank, E. M. (2017). Public health framing and attribution: Analysis of the First Lady’s remarks and news coverage on childhood obesity. Cogent Social Sciences, 3, 1-13.
- Brank, E.M., *Kaspar, V., & Fox, K.A. (2017). Songs you know by heart: Alcohol, promiscuous sex, drugs, and escape in Jimmy Buffett’s music. Popular Music History, 9.3, 270-284.
- Brank, E.M., & *Wylie, L. E. (2016). Differing perspectives on older adult caregiving. Journal of Applied Gerontology, 20, 313-336.
- Piquero, N.L., *Meitl, M. B., Brank, E.M., Woolard, J.L., Lanza-Kaduce, L. & Piquero, A. R. (2016). Exploring Lawyer Misconduct: An Examination of the Self-Regulation Process. Deviant Behavior, 37, 573-584.
- *Wylie, L.E., *Bergt, S., *Haby, J.A., Brank, E.M., & Bornstein, B. H. (2015). Age and lineup type differences in the own-race bias. Psychology, Crime and Law. 21 (5), 490-506.
- *Hoetger, L. A., *Hazen, K., & Brank, E.M. (2015). All in the family: A retrospective study comparing sibling bullying and peer bullying. Journal of Family Violence, 30, 103-111.
- Brank, E. M. & *Wylie, L.E. (2014). Elders and the justice system. In Brian Cutler & Patricia Zapf, Eds. Handbook of Forensic Psychology, Volume 2, 59-77.
- Brank, E. M., *Hoetger, L.A., *Wylie, L.E., & *Scott, B.L. (2014). Law enforcement officers’ and prosecuting attorneys’ perceptions of juvenile delinquency. In Monica. K. Miller, Jeremy A., Blumenthal, & Jared. Chamberlain, Eds. Handbook of Community Sentiment.
- *Wylie, L.E., *Patihis, L., *McCuller, L.L., Davis, D., Brank, E.M., Loftus, E. F., & Bornstein, B.H. (2014). Misinformation effects in older versus younger adults: A meta-analysis and review. In Michael P. Toglia, David F. Ross, Joanna Pozzulo, & Emily Pica, Eds. The Elderly Eyewitness in Court.
- *King, C.M., *Wylie, L. E., Brank, E.M., & Heilbrun, K. (2014). Disputed paraphilia diagnoses and legal decisionmaking: A case law survey of Paraphilia NOS, nonconsent. Psychology, Public Policy, and the Law, 20, 294-308.
- Brank, E.M., & *Wylie, L. E. (2014). Differing perspectives on older adult caregiving. Journal of Applied Gerontology, 20, 313-336.
(*indicates student authors)