Brittany enjoys spending time and travelling with her husband and two children. She also enjoys running.
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln, BS (Family Science)
- Ohio State University, PhD (Couple and Family Therapy)
- Intervention development
- Substance use disorders
- American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy
- Parent Partner Evaluations
- Ending Homelessness Planning and Development
- Community Services Division
- National Adoption Competency Mental Health Training Initiative
Slesnick N, Brakenhoff B. Family‐based treatment for runaway and homeless youth. In: Wampler K, McWey L, editors. The Handbook of Systemic Family Therapy Hoboken, NJ: Wiley Blackwell; 2020. Chapter 20; p.503.
Brakenhoff, B., Wu, Q., & Slesnick, N. (2018). Substance using mothers experiencing suicidal thoughts: Impact of parenting behaviors on child behavior problems. Journal of Child and Family Studies, 27(2), 629-638.
Brakenhoff, B., Jang, B., Slesnick, N., & Snyder, A. (2015). Longitudinal predictors of homelessness: Findings from the National Longitudinal Survey of Youth-97. Journal of Youth Studies, 18(8), 1015-1034.
Slesnick, N., Guo, X., Brakenhoff, B., & Bantchevska, D. (2015). A comparison of three interventions for homeless youth evidencing substance use disorders: Results of a randomized clinical trial. Journal of substance abuse treatment, 54, 1-13.
Brakenhoff, B., & Slesnick, N. (2015). ‘The whole family suffered, so the whole family needs to recover’: Thematic analysis of substance-abusing mothers’ family therapy sessions. Journal of social service research, 41(2), 216-232.